Lexi @ Birth
Monday, August 3, 2009
A Day with Austin
August 3, 2009-There are only two more days until Austin starts Kindergarten, so I had told him that today would be a day that we go and have fun and asked him what he wanted to do. He said, "let's go to lunch at Nordstrom Cafe, because I would like to get the eggs (2 hard boiled eggs) and the fruit cup because it is a healthy lunch" he then said, "mommy you can get your salad". "After we eat, we can go to the play place, Barnes and Noble and then Pottery n Barn kids, that would be a fun day." So I said, "okay that sounds like a plan. We started off at the play place, I asked him when we got there, "how long do you want to be at this play place, he said, "15 minutes, put your timer on your phone." So I did just that, set the timer on my phone to 15 minutes and was surprised he didn't ask for more time. I gave him the usual two minute warning, two minutes before time to go and then when the timer went off, did the usual of holding up my phone which means the timer is going off. He went over, put his shoes on and said, "okay, lets go to Barnes and Noble (they are right by each other at the mall). We went into Barnes and Noble, he looked at two books then asked me to read him one. He picked out a book, I sat and read it to him and then he said, "okay let's go to Pottery n Barn Kids (this is how he pronounces it)" He played in Pottery Barn kids for at least 30 minutes, we left and started to walk out through Nordstrom's where we had parked and we were almost all the way to the door, when he realized he no longer had his sunglasses. After asking him a series of questions, he came to the conclusion that he had left them at Pottery Barn Kids. We walked in and began looking in the area he was playing but didn't see them, we asked if someone had turned them in and they said, "no". I told Austin, "okay I guess you have lost them, let's go" he said, "we aren't giving up that easy, they are here, I know they are (we can all relate to this right, misplacing something and you keep looking in a certain spot because you just know it is there)" So I continued to help him look, but we just weren't finding them. I suggested for him to open the doors and look in the play Kitchen items and low and behold...there were his sunglasses. His response...."See I told you we would find them and we couldn't give up, but we did it with team work mommy, because you told me to look in the cabinets and I was the one to look." The ladies in the store were cracking up! I just loved his determination. Once we were in the car, he said, "mommy we got to do so many fun things, this was a great day, thank you!" It is moments like this that you just wish you could bottle up and keep forever. I let him know that I, too had enjoyed the day with him and appreciated that he was thanking me. When we returned home, he worked on his rainforest art project that he was assigned to bring to "meet the teacher" tonight...so I quickly logged on to make this blog before I forgot the adorable moments of the day and the cute little things that he had said!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have such a sweet little boy! I love reading about the cute things that he says! It sounds like you guys had a great day together! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable!!! I am glad you shared these things. I know I have a lot to look forward to. I hope I have a great kid like Austin.
ReplyDelete