Lexi @ Birth
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Austin's First Day of Kindergarten
August 5, 2009-As most of you know today was Austin's first day of Kindergarten. He was very excited and therefore was a piece of cake to wake up and get going this morning. We started the day with a bowl of Oatmeal and a Fiber bar (his all time favorite breakfast), then brush teeth, put school uniform on and brush hair! I never even had to ask him the same thing twice. School parking lot was absolutely crazy mainly because it is entirely too small, but also because it was the first day of school. So we parked in the neighborhood that is on the same side of the street and just around the corner from the school and then walked. As we were walking to the school Austin was talking about how excited he is and how in Kindergarten it is easy to be a good listener and such. We arrived just after the 1st bell rang and proceeded to the area where his class was lining up to go into the classroom. All parents had to do their goodbye's outside and were not allowed to walk into the classroom. Austin was of course perfectly okay and so was I....or at least I thought, but as his classroom walked in their line from outside to in, the tears started rolling down my face uncontrollably.....its not like he hasn't been going to preschool, because he has so I figured I could have been stronger than this and be able to handle it without tears, but apparently I am not as strong as I thought. I didn't even go prepared with tissues because I just figured I would be fine. However, a friend that has her daughter going there as well saw me and had a tissue to wipe my tears. I was surrounded by mothers that were all crying and most of them crying way more than I...thankfully Austin was out of site before my tears started, which I am thankful for since he is so tender hearted and would have been very upset to see me sad. I walked back to my vehicle and then was fine the rest of the day. I had schedule a hair appointment for my color and I had picked this day as I knew it would take up 3 hours of my day and help the time to pass. It worked, by the time I got back home it was almost 2 and school is out at 3. I arrived at his school to pick him up, he seemed in great spirits and we chatted for our short ride home from the school about his day. When I first asked him, "how was your first day of Kindergarten" He replied with, it was so good, but I am tuckered out, it was an exhausting day". LOL! I have posted a picture of him here so you can see how adorable he looked his first day and all dressed in his school uniform.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment