This morning I had an ultrasound for them to measure Lexi and see how she is growing...apparently the girl is not lacking in the fat department. It was great, I was able to see her practice her breathing, however, she was a bit stubborn keeping her arm up by her face only gives us little glimpses every now and again. There was one view of her hair and you could see it sticking up off her head about an inch so the u/s tech said she is definitely NOT going to be born bald and it looks as though her cheeks are pretty chubby (poor girl if she gets my chubby cheeks). At this time she is measuring about 7 lbs. and 4 oz. and yes, I still have four weeks til the due date. They said she is measuring above average, but still not what they would classify as a LARGE baby, more like an ABOVE AVERAGE baby. :-) When I was pregnant with Austin and had an U/S at this stage he was already measuring 7 lbs. 14 oz, so I don't think Lexi will be a 9 lb baby at birth like her brother was. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to post as they didn't give me a CD today, just the printed pictures. However, I will say she does look pretty cute, hair looks more on the darker side, but of course...who knows it could have been from a shadow or something. Her lips still look plump so she is maybe going to get more of her daddy's lips (hope so, considering I barely have any lips) We are excited to meet her, but hope that she stays in there for at least two more weeks. Next appointment is on Monday the 17th so I will update again at that time.
Lexi @ Birth
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
36 Weeks and Ultra Sound
August 11, 2009-I am now in my 36th week and had my check up yesterday where they did the strep b test and started checking me. Of course, I am not dialated yet and perfectly okay with that as it is still a bit early. However, my cervix is low, but Lexi is still up high. The Dr. gave me some stuff to be doing during contractions to help get her to drop down, so I will be doing that when I am able to...as it is not something I can do unless I am at home with my birthing ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment