June 29th- Today was my OB appointment and I am now 30 weeks along. I gained 1 lb. (however, it has only been 2 weeks since last apt.), I guess it could have been worse, but I was hoping not to have gained anything. Unfortunately I am also retaining quite a bit of fluid and my left foot and ankle are much worse than the right one...looks like I have a hobit foot on my left side. ;-) Therefore, Dr. has ordered me to eat 100 grams of protein/day, increase my water intake and get a massage (that was great, that she ordered me to get a massage). I generally get a massage pretty regularly anyway, but it has been about 3 weeks since I have had one. Of course, as soon as I left the Dr. office I scheduled a massage for this Wednesday. Austin got to be the Dr.'s helper again today and take control of the doppler and find the heartbeat and once again, he find it immediately without any trouble at all, he made sure to tell the Dr. it is because he is smart and he knows where baby sister is "chillin". LOL! Just love the cute things he comes up with! He also made sure to tell me at today's appointment, "I want you to have your dr. apts. on a different day, like a day when you go to work mom." I guess he is getting tired of going with me, can't say I blame him they are pretty uneventful!
Other than the swelling all is going well! Measuring at 31 CM which is about 1 CM bigger, but there is no concern and she said it is perfectly okay and normal! Next apt. will be on the 15th of July since Austin didn't want them on Monday's anymore. As of the beginning of August, I start going every week and Austin will be in Kindergarten at that time, so apt. scheduling will be so much easier! I wouldn't want him at those appoinments anyway since they start checking you to see if there is any dialation and efacement from 36 weeks on. Dr. also recommended that I start going to the prenatal stretch class that they offer on Saturday mornings, which I have been meaning to go to anyway, but have had too busy of a schedule these past few weekends. Hope to start them either this Saturday or next.
I am looking forward to our birthing class that will be the first weekend in August, it is a three hour class and is held by my doula, Jen! This will hopefully give Justin a better understanding of the Doula and her role for us during labor and delivery!
Oh...100 grams of protein...that's hard to do! I did that last time when I was taking Bradley Method. We had to eat 80-100g every day for the last half of pregnancy. My midwife told me this time to only have 60-80 so I don't have such a big baby this time! LOL! Good luck with your swelling, too...hopefully those changes will help. :)
ReplyDelete