Baby's name/room: While we have not yet decided on a name, we do have a few contenders which are Lexi Elaine, Tatum Elaine and Kamryn Elaine...hopefully we will decide within the next couple of weeks. However, we do have the room painted and went with a green (Northern Pear Tree) and a Cream (Bright Sun), we did two walls (East and West) the Green and two (North and South) Cream. The crib is on the West wall, which is Green and the dresser/changing table combo is on the North wall which is cream. We are still in search of a glider and ottoman as I don't want to spend more than a $100, so I am hoping to find one that I like that is gently used. The tasks left fo complete her room are finish moving the office stuff out, put a cut curtain up where the closet doors once were (Justin removed them years ago and we made the closet into a desk for the computer by installing the top of a desk) and put up the decor walls. The bedding we registered for is purple with flowers, so also has green and a hint of pink, so the walls we will put up butterflies that are various colors of purple and do some accenting with a hint of pink....and we will refer to the theme of her room as a butterfly garden! I will post pics once the room is complete!
Lexi @ Birth
Monday, June 15, 2009
28 Weeks....Glucose Test Complete!
June 15, 2009~Today was my OB apt. and I am now 28 weeks as of today. Today's visit was the Glucose test, thankfully this Dr. keeps the orange drink refrigerated and therefore, it was cold...unlike when I did this test with Austin my OB at that time gave it to me at room temp, which made it more challenging to drink. It doesn't taste bad at all, it is just really sweet! I am guessing I will know the results by the end of the week. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it comes back okay and I don't have to go for the 3 hour test! I gained 3 lbs. since last apt. and I am measuring at 28 1/2 cm so a 1/2 cm bigger than I should be, but at this point and time, there is no concern. We go for another U/S next Monday, the 22nd and I will post those new pics once we have them. My visits are now every two weeks, which is hard to believe that I am already to the 2 week visits. Austin was with me today at this visit and the Dr. let him be her helper and find the heartbeat. He found it as soon as he put the doppler to my belly so he thought that was pretty cool. He told me that he found it so easily because he is smart! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You need to put up pictures of the baby room! Maybe you're waiting until it's done. Your results from today will be fine!! And 1/2 cm is nothing. I can't wait to see more pics next week. I get mine tomorrow :). Let's hope he/she cooperates.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! :) I can't wait to see pictures of her room! And I love the names you are considering! I also love that Austin was able to help at your appointment! He's going to make such a great big brother! :)
ReplyDelete