Lexi @ Birth

Monday, June 22, 2009

29 Weeks, Ultrasound!

Today we had another ultrasound, a level 2 ultrasound as I am not sure if I mentioned in previous posts, but on the initial ultrasound they found 3 coroid plexis cysts on her brain and ordered a level 2 ultrasound (which means it was with a fetal specialist) that took place 2 days after the ultrasound in which they discovered this. They weren't too concerened, but wanted to make sure it was an isolated case as when it is an isolated case of just the coroid plexis cysts, then they subside around the 26th week, but when there are other factors such as things with the hands/feet/heart etc., then the concern grows. Ours of course was an isolated case, but today's ultrasound was just to double check to make sure they had gone and just as we had thought, they are all 3 gone and she is looking perfect! The U/S tech said everything looks wonderful, she is measuring approximately 3 lbs, my fluid is measuring perfectly and all of her measurements were perfect. She was very cooperative and was really showing off for the camera. I have posted a couple of pics from today's ultrasound and if you look closely at some of them you can see she already has hair. Her position is head down, which they said could still change between now and 36 weeks, but lets hope that she just remains head down. Its hard to believe that I am in the final stretch of the pregancy. I would love it if she decided to make her debut around the 38 week mark, but of course, she will have her own agenda, right? We all know that Austin did and he stayed in until 41 weeks. Next dr. apt. is next Monday which of course will be pretty uneventful of just measuring and getting vitals, but I always enjoy listening to her heartbeat!

By the way, compare the pic at 18 weeks to the one we had this week at 29 weeks, she has really filled out in the face quite a bit! :-) So fun to see!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't read your previous post and my heart stopped when I saw cyst. I am so glad all is well. Those U/S pics are amazing. I can't believe how much technology advances.

    ReplyDelete