Lexi @ Birth

Thursday, May 21, 2009

24 Weeks!

5/21/09-Today was my OB apt. and I am in my 24th week.  All is going good, I am measuring exactly where I should be and thankfully didn't gain anymore weight....I have gained more than I would have liked to at this point.  I really only should gain 15 pounds for the entire pregnancy, however, that is exactly what I have gained and still have approximately 16 weeks left....so that is not so good.  However, I have to try not to get hung up on what the scale says and just more so focus on WHAT I am eating. I am definitely not dieting or trying NOT to gain weight (if you could see me, that would be obvious...I am huge), but thankful that I have been busy enough that I didn't gain.  With my pregnancy with Austin, between 5 and 6 months is when I gained the most (5 lbs. in one month).  My next appointment will be on June 15th, I will be 28 weeks and get to do the lovely Glucose test where you drink a super sugary drink and then hang out for an hour, then have lab work!  It is not soo bad, I guess, but I am just not a big fan of sugary drinks anyway.  At today's visit I presented my birth plan to Dr. Brass-Jones and all is good, she is on board with everything on there and didn't request to make any changes, yay....so nice to have a supportive OB!

I am definitely enjoying the pregnancy...quite honestly have enjoyed it even when I was super sick...how can you not enjoy it, right?  It is so amazing to have a little person growing inside.  She has been really active the last couple of weeks and there are definitely patterns to what times of day she is most active.  Last night she was so active, that you could see my stomach moving it looked like a wave.  Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment