Lexi @ Birth

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

32 Weeks

July 15th-I am now 32 weeks and had my appointment today. The appointment was uneventful and went well. I discussed the continued swelling that I have with my left foot and ankle and the fact that it is considerably worse on the left side than the right. I let her know that I have increased my protein to 100g as suggested at last apt., I had my massage, I have been swimming 20-30 minutes daily, I went to the prenatal stretch class and I am scheduled to go for that class again on the 25th and that I am elevating as directed and while all those things have helped, there are still days when the left one is pretty bad. She told me to continue to do what I have been, monitor it and if I have other symptoms with the swelling such as a headache that cannot be controlled with Tylenol to call their office. I am measuring at 34 cm, which is 2 cm bigger than what I should be measuring at, but she said since Austin was a big baby, she isn't surprised that I am measuring slightly bigger. I did gain another lb, which puts it at about 19 lbs. so far....one could hope that the weight that I gain from here on out goes directly to the baby!!!!! I feel as though I am making good choices on what I am eating so I am trying hard not to get too hung up on what the scale says...afterall I am growing a little human being in there! She said they will most likely do another U/S at 36 weeks...not sure if I will agree to it or decline as the purpose she said is to measure the baby to see what she is measuring at. I let her know that no matter what the size she measures at, I will absolutely NOT agree to being induced...not after what happened with the first pregnancy and them trying to induce on three seperate occasions! Next apt. is on July 29th and I will be 34 weeks at that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment