I will try to update again after my next doula apt. on Saturday May 16th.
Lexi @ Birth
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Appointment with the New OB
Last Thursday, April 30th was my first apt. with the new OB. I switched mainly because I want to attempt a VBAC, but wasn't getting the support that I needed from my OB/GYN of the past 11 years, so decided to switch. The new office offers so many great other services and resources that I am excited to be a patient there. The first visit went well, she answered all of questions and we talked in depth about the VBAC. Both the Dr. and myself are hoping that this one (baby girl) will not be as big as Austin! Personally, I hope that I go into labor at the 38 week mark, but will be fine if I go over my due date too afterall, it is up to the baby as to when she will make her debut! My next OB apt. is on Thursday, May 21st at 8:30 AM at which time I will be 24 weeks along, my doula, Jen will attend this apt. with me and we will present my birth plan. At 28 weeks, I will begin going to the dr. every two weeks until I am 36 weeks, then it goes to weekly apts. I am scheduled to meet with the doula again on Saturday May 16th, where we will talk about breastfeeding, this is something that I feel passionate about and hope that I am as successful with the breastfeeding this time as I was with Austin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will keep you in my prayers that you have a successful VBAC. I'm glad you found a doc that is supportive. I have never understood why a doctor wouldn't help you all they can. Do they think they are the only OB in town???
ReplyDelete