In any case, we are really starting this year off much more exciting than 2008. Today, we have discovered that WE are pregnant! While we are excited about this news (how could we not be), we are going to keep it to ourselves until I am out of the first trimester due to the miscarriage that I had in September of 2008 at 7.5 weeks along. Therefore, by the time all of you read this blog for the first time I will be out of my first trimester and therefore, you will have alot to read with this first blog and then I will try to keep them shorter as the pregnancy continues. I had my first suspicion this past weekend over Christmas, while we were in Telluride. On our way back to the airport, I got really car sick, which hasn't happened in my adult life. Today, I decided to take a pregnancy test since I was four days late and just really had a hunch that the test would come out positive. I will call the Dr. office tomorrow (1/2/08) to schedule my first appointment since they will have to monitor me closely due to the miscarriage.
January 8th- Had my first appointment on Monday, January 5th which they have to call a “pregnancy confirmation” for insurance purposes, so I won’t actually have my first OB appointment until I am 9 weeks. Monday’s appointment DID confirm that we are pregnant, 4 weeks, 6 days and they gave me a due date of September 10, 2009. They did blood work and instructed that I return in 48 hours for more blood work. I returned on Wednesday, January 7th for additional lab work. Today, on the 8th, I was given my results over the phone stating that my hormone levels ARE indeed rising which is what they wanted to see! Monday’s results reflected that my number was 140, and Wednesday’s number was 420….this is awesome as they wanted it to have doubled, mine more than doubled so we are on the right track. Keeping our fingers crossed and trying not to get TOO excited (even though its hard not to be excited). We will keep you posted.
January 15th- Have my appointment for the ultra sound (u/s) on Tuesday at 11:20 and really looking forward to it. Have been feeling really tired and some days been nausea, mostly in the evenings, which is quite different from my pregnancy with Austin as well as different from my pregnancy that I miscarried in Sept. However, it is still early so this could change, get better or possibly get worse. Thankfully there hasn't been any vomitting yet (although at times, I just wish I would vomit to make the nausea go away). I really haven't had it too bad thus far! What I am hoping is that this is a good sign for the pregnancy to be okay! 8-) Keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday's appointment and will update Tuesday evening.
January 20th- Today was the first u/s and things went well. There was a heartbeat of 118 which is very normal and healthy at this stage. Baby is measuring right where it should be for how far along I am and things are looking "normal". It was exciting, but at the same time, still need to try not to get to attached or excited. Next visit is in 2 weeks which will be considered my first OB appointment as I will be 9 weeks along. Keeping our fingers crossed that all will still be going well. 8-)
January 27th-My oh my has the nausea set in full force along with some occasional heartburn. However, if this is what I have to feel to mean that everything is okay with the pregnancy, then I will not complain. Afterall, this is about the baby, not me..right! One week from today will be my first OB appointment and I am really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again, should be beating at a faster rate then last week's ultrasound. Keeping our fingers crossed!
February 3rd- Today was my first official OB appointment. I went with the expectation that we would listen to the heartbeat or at least attempt to hear it. Apparently they don't even attempt to hear it until 12 weeks, what is up with that? I could have sworn we listened to Austin's heartbeat at my first OB appt. which was at 8 weeks. Who am I to argue with the dr. though, right? So in any case, it was an uneventful appointment since I declined the pelvic exam considering it has only been 5 months since my last one. They gave me the paperwork to go and have the usual bloodwork done, I will go in next week and take care of that...didn't have time today...not to mention had been in the bathroom vomitting before leaving my house for the appointment. Dr. said that since my first labs were normal and so was the U/S, they are treating me like a normal pregnancy. He did ask me if I am planning on doing a C-section since Austin was a C-Section and I told him I would prefer to talk about that later, but I am planning to try for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Ceserean). He said, "ok we will talk about it later, but I think you had to have a C-section because of the large 9 lb., 1 oz baby". I told him, no it was because if complications with an infection in my cervix...so let's just talk about it later! I can see this may end up being a debate between me and my dr. 8-). I will keep you posted should anything change between now and my March 2nd appointment, otherwise, there will be another update on March 2nd, which should be an exciting visit since we will get to hear the heartbeat! This is most likely when we will tell Austin that he will be a big brother as well. I am taking him with me to the appointment, but of course, he won't know why we are at the dr. until they find the heartbeat...I will spring it on him then! 8-)
February 23rd- I am counting down the days til my next appointment, which thankfully is in four days! I am so eager to hear the heart beat, I just can't even stand it! I have been feeling a bit better, the nausea is not happening as frequently, but the tiredness is definitely still there. Thankfully I have been napping on the weekends which seems to help immensely. I am glad that Austin is at an age where he is quite independent. I don't know how people do it being pregnant when they have little ones to try and keep up with (such as my younger sister, Emily...how did you do it?). I will definitely update on Friday night or Sat. morning after my Friday appointment. Justin's dad, Lee will be coming into town on Friday night and we have a plan on how we are going to share the big news with him and I can't wait. We will be going to friends on Sat. night and will be sharing the big news with them and I can't wait as it has been very difficult keeping this secret from her! However, I have managed to do it.
February 27th- Today was hit...finally the day.....today was my dr. appointment and I am almost 13 weeks, we got to hear the heartbeat. Funny thing is not sure if I have mentioned in the previous posts, but Austin has had an obsession with rubbing my tummy since the day we found out and he was not even with us when we took the test. He would rub my tummy and I would say to him, "what are you doing?", he would say I like to rub your tummy and I think you have a baby in there. I would just tell him he is silly as we didn't want to confirm it yet and certainly didn't want to lie to him by denying it either. So yesterday I asked him if he wanted me to pick him up from preschool before my dr. apt. and take him with or after. He said, do you have to go to the dr. for your armpits to get checked (have been having an issue with my armpits with a rash....gotta love the things that hormones will do to you)...I told him, "yes that is why I am going to the dr." (that was part true as I had been miserable with this rash for 3 weeks). Well.....this morning as I am getting ready for work he comes in and is really loving on my tummy, I said, "son, I really don't understand your obsession with my tummy"...he said, "because I love you and I love to rub it and I really think there is a baby in there." Then he paused, stuck out his hand palm up and took a big sigh (like a happy surprise one) and said, "I have a great idea mom, how about when you go to the dr. today to have them check your armpits you can ask them to check if there is a baby inside your tummy". I said, "that is a great idea, remind me when we get there to have them check that. It was so adorable, and I really wish I had the video camera going because he was so proud of himself to have come up with this idea (I thought it was pretty clever or him as well). In any case, they finally found the heartbeat, so once they found it, we (Justin and I) said to Austin, "do you hear that, do you know what that is?" Austin replied with, "it sounds like a heart beat"....I said, "that is exactly what it is, do you know what that means?" He said, "something is in there and I think its a baby growing inside"....we said that's right so do you know what that means for mommy to have a baby in her tummy?" He said, "yes, I am going to be a big brother". It was so adorable and I am so mad at myself because I meant to take the camera so we could capture his face and take some video to post on here...darn it! Heart beat was in the 150 range, so yay...next apt. is on March 30th.

Oh I'm SO excited for you guys! Austin looks adorable and so happy in that picture with his new shirt, announcing the exciting news! :) Yay!
ReplyDelete